To start creating this lovely designs with nail foil I was inspired by on great nail artist from Bulgaria.
They look really amazing once you know how to make them properly, which is not really easy actually.
Lets see what some of them and then you will give you some tips how to be done.
On the first picture you can see the clock showing 5 to 12 before the new years starts. The last two (which were actually my first attempts) are not so successful. The foil shrinked unfortunately after I applied the top coat, don't know why, even that over the foil I applied the top coat provided in the kit.
Anyway my third attempt was ok, which is the first tips on the pic. The second tip is a clock made with regular nail polish. In my next post you will see this clock on natural nails.
Tips how to make your design with nail foil.
- Paint your nails with just base coat or any desired colour
- After it dries well apply the special foil glue and leave it to dry until becomes transparent, which takes approximately 10 minutes. ( You can apply the foil on wet polish instead of using foil glue. I prefer using the glue)
- The cover with the 2-in-1 varnish provided in the foil kits or you can use the special nail art base if you find one.
- Outline your flowers, bowls, balls, butterflies and so on with black acrylic paint or black polish.
- When it dries apply top coat. ( I have tried 3 types of top coats over this foil designs and will show you the results next time. So far I am happy only from Seche Vitte,others smudged the black lines)
The third picture shows some simple designs which everyone can make even if you are not good in drawing shapes.
This is from me for today in this rainy evening.